Wednesday 29 April 2015

Internet Friends


Hello everyone so today I'm going to be talking about internet friends. Now I know most parents tell their children "don't talk to strangers online" or "you don't know who they are, for all you know they could be axe murderers or something" and you're just sat there like "yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before mum!" When in reality, some of your best friends can be made through the internet.


Personally I have made many internet friends, both through Instagram and Twitter. I have made many best friends who I am so grateful for and I love them to pieces. When I first made a YouTube fan account on Instagram in February 2014, I didn't really know how to approach people and become friends with them. There was this one time where this girl, who I'm no longer friends with, asked me if I lived in this certain place. I sent her a DM saying I did and asking her why, to which she would reply with "OMG, I live there too!!". We became really good friends, sending ugly snapchats to each other at 1am, telling each other everything and so on. She introduced me to this girl, Caitlin, who I am still really good friends with today. Soon our little group chat had expanded to 9 people, I think and we were all really good friends. I'll save you the details of how I am no longer friends with some of those people as it is very long and very complicated.

Today, I would say I have 7 internet best friends and countless internet friends. I am so grateful for all of my best friends as I said at the start and I honestly do not know what I would do without them. Luckily for me (and my parents), all of my best friends live in England. The only problem is they live hundreds of miles away :( I know that on comparison to people who have internet friends in other countries, a couple of hundred miles is nothing, but for me, who's parents refuse to drive me to Birmingham (1 and 1/4 hours drive), it makes it very difficult for me to meet them.

I have been fortunate enough to meet 4 of my best friends already. 1 of which lives in the same town as me so I've met her many times and 2 of which I have met twice and I'm so glad I have. One of my oldest internet best friends, Caitlin used to live in Spain so I thought it was impossible to meet her until she moved back to England when she was 18. However, she recently moved back to England and I am seriously over the moon that she has, even if she is 4 and a 1/2 hours away, at least she's not in Spain!!

I guess the point of this post is that if you have internet friends who live really far away, don't give up hope of meeting them. One day, it will happen, I assure you. If you do need any advice on how to tell your parents about your internet friends, let me know in the comments and I will do a post on it.

Have you got any internet friends?
I hope you've enjoyed reading today's post, I'll see you all next time with another post. Goodbyeee :)

4 comments:

  1. I have countless I Internet best friends! I've already met one of them and it was honestly the best day of my life. I don't know what I would do without any of them and we are already organising for all of us to meet up in the holidays💓

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw we need to meet again this year! It would be so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really would omg. Hopefully we can meet in Thorpe Park in summer ☺️

      Delete