Tuesday 21 April 2015

Fresh Start

Hello everyone so today I'm going to be restarting my blog. The amount of times I have tried and failed at this is getting crazy now haha. So i've finally decided to give myself a kick up the backside and get working on my blog! I thoroughly enjoy writing so what better way to fulfil my enjoyment of it than to write a blog. This is going to be an introductory sort of post I guess so I suppose I'll get started!


As you may know, my name's Alana and I am 15 years old. My hobbies include: blogging, hockey, filming and editing YouTube videos, taking my dog for walks, photography, anything beauty related, singing, shopping and much much more. I go to a private school which means I have to go to school on a Saturday, which isn't fun but it does mean we get longer holidays! As much as I dislike school, (as I'm pretty sure most people do) we do have some laughs and actually the weeks go by very quickly considering we are there from 8am until 6pm on weekdays and 8am until around 3pm on Saturdays.

Throughout late August until early April, I spend Thursday evenings doing hockey training for my local club. I enjoy hockey so much and it has been the one sport, since the age of 9, that I have been willing to participate in.. Hahaha whoops. I used to enjoy swimming as well but I had to be in the pool dead on 8:30 and we had to travel over half an hour so I gave up because I found it very tiring (I was about 7/8 at the time). I was quite an active child, mainly because my parents wanted me to be involved with a lot of activities I think. I used to do gymnastics and ballet as well. I also used to have piano lessons, which at the time I hated, but I must say I do miss it very much. I had lessons for nearly 6 years, I stopped mainly because I had important exams coming up and I didn't want to carry it on at my next school. I'm probably boring you with all of this so I think I'll move onto another topic.

When I was 11, I went on YouTube and Marcus Butler came up as a recommended channel. That lead to me finding Alfie (Pointless Blog) and then Zoe (Zoella). One thing led to another and here I am now, subscribed to over 400 channels. I even upload videos myself, which is something I never thought would happen. From October 2012, I had aspirations to start my own channel but I never really had the confidence nor did I know what I would film or edit on. Little did I know that a year and a half later, I would have started my own channel. The day I'm writing this is 2 days before my 1 year anniversary on YouTube, but on my old channel. It's actually quite scary to think that this time last year, I was only a mere YouTube fan and not a YouTuber.. On May 29th, I will be celebrating 1 year on YouTube (on my current channel), which again is scary to think that in almost 1 year I have reached over 3,500 subscribers (3,598 to be exact at the time of writing this) Once again I'm probably boring you with all of this but I thought I'd let you know a bit about my childhood and how I got into YouTube so you have a bit more of an idea of who I am and what my hobbies are and have been in the past.

I hope you have enjoyed this lengthy, but hopefully interesting post! I shall see you next time with another post!
Alana x

PS. If you have any blog post ideas you might like to see me do, please leave them in the comments below. Thank you :)

5 comments:

  1. OMG I loved it Alana 😏☺️ I can't wait for more posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for new posts!! I don't know if you saw but I have nominated you for the 100 questions nobody asks tag. The questions are all on my blog (www.shoppingnmakeup.blogspot.com). Love your youtube channel!!xxx

    ReplyDelete